IoT / Industry 4.0 seminar
13.4.2021 @ 09:00 - 12:00| Vapaa
Welcome to the Industry 4.0 / IoT Seminar on Tuesday, April 13, 2021!
This seminar is part of the EU H2020 DIH-World Project Community Days in which 27 different DIHs (Digital Innovation Hubs) around the Europe organize events related to the Industry 4.0 / IoT topic. Seminars are free-of-charge for all participants! The aim of the seminar series is to break the ice between SMEs / mid-caps and the DIHs by facilitating exchanges and interaction through the Community Days.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (or Industry 4.0) is the on-going automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices by utilizing modern smart technologies. Large-scale M2M (Machine-to-Machine) communication and IoT (Internet-of-Things) are integrated for increased automation, improved communication, and self-monitoring as well as production of smart machines that can analyze and diagnose problems without the need for any human intervention.
In essence, Industry 4.0 is the trend towards automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies and processes which include Cyber-Physical Systems, IoT, Industrial IoT, Cloud Computing, Cognitive Computing, and AI (Artificial Intelligence). Main use cases for Industry 4.0 include, but are not limited to: Smart Factory, Predictive Maintenance, 3D-Printing, Smart Sensors, and Agriculture/Food Industries.
This seminar presents some innovative experiments and pilots in Finland related to the Industry 4.0 and IoT topics with the following very interesting agenda (Tuesday, April 13, 2021):
- 9:00-9:15 (8:00-8:15 CET): Prof. Pekka Toivanen (DigiCenterNS DIH, UEF): Opening of Seminar
- 9:15-9:40 (8:15-8:40 CET): Mikko Kontio (Secora Systems Oy): Lessons Learned from IoT Projects.
- 9:40-10:05 (8:40-9:05 CET): Retu Ylinen (City of Kuopio) & Martti Vanala (City of Kuopio): Data Refinery: New Smart City Platform in Kuopio.
- 10:05-10:10 (9:05-9:10 CET): Seminar Break.
- 10:10-10:35 (9:10-9:35 CET): Aki Happonen (Savonia): DigiCenterNS DIH IoT and 5G.
- 10:35-11:00 (9:35-10:00 CET): Mikael Korkman (Fomatec Oy) & Markus Aho (Funlus Oy): Towards Ecological and Digital Order-Chain.
- 11:00-11:05 (10:00-10:05 CET): Seminar Break.
- 11:05-11:30 (10:05-10:30 CET): Marko Jäntti (CEMIS): CEMIS Industry 4.0.
- 11:30-11:55 (10:30-10:55 CET): Juri Sipilä (Convergens Oy): Rapid IoT Product Development.
- 11:55-12:00 (10:55-11:00 CET): Closing of Seminar: Keijo Haataja, DigiCenterNS DIH, UEF (University of Eastern Finland).
Register to the seminar before Tuesday 13, 2021 using the following form
Seminar will be held as online seminar using Zoom Platform.
Organizer(s) of the seminar:
DigiCenterNS (DigiCenter North Savo) DIH (Digital Innovation Hub), UEF (University of Eastern Finland), Kuopio Campus
Joining the seminar:
Direct link to seminar: https://uef.zoom.us/j/65553791275
Please, give feedback of the seminar by filling next form: IoT seminar feedback