DigiCenterNS has provided following results:
- Savon Voima and RPA: The goal of the joint RPA pilot between DigiCenterNS and Savon Voima was to automate customer service processes of an energy company by decreasing manual work that customer service workers perform in recording information on electricity outage notifications. The pilot consisted of 5 process meetings and 1 workshop on digitalization of electriticy outage notifications. The pilot resulted in guidelines how to apply RPA and master thesis of the computer science student Ville Suhonen. This pilot has ended.
- Applying AI in forestry DigiCenterNS participated in public bidding process together with other consortium members. The bidding was related to services that provide solutions for applying and utilizing AI in forestry for example planning forest maintenance, analyzing data, forecasting amount and type of wood coming from specific areas. The pilot that our consortium offered achieved the second round of bidding process, and made to the third place. This pilot has ended.
- Intelligent Mobility Solutions: DigiCenterNS helped IMS to develop a service concept based on a mobile application and offered coaching on how to make ERDF funding application. Additionally, DigiCenterNS was
present while IMS presented to idea to ELY-keskus (funding agency). This pilot has ended.
- City of Kuopio and Open Data: DigiCenterNS is collaborating with City of Kuopio to enhance utilization of open data and promoting data economy. During the first phase, we have planned together how to collect open data related stakeholder needs from companies and other actors. DigiCenter participated organining Open data -related seminar January 23rd, 2020. This pilot project is active.
- NewIcon and smart monitoring of supply chain: This pilot focused on studying how medicine packages can be counted and identified by using smart machine vision methods. The problem is challenging because medicine packages can move in belt in various positions. The pilot shall include setting up a smart test environment with cameras. The pilot resulted in Minimum Viable Product description and Master Theses. This pilot has ended.
- DeepCleanTech (DCT): This pilot focused on identifying correlation factors from stages of microbiological processes through smart scientific methods. This pilot has ended.
- Fomatec and smart order system: DigiCenterNS has helped Fomatec to define requirements for Smart and mobile order management system. Agile development methods were used in requirements specification of Fomatec’s GreenLine service concept. Development of the GL service concept was one of the pilots in the project coordinated by Lapin liitto ELMO High Impact Action (ELMO uutiskirje). During the pilot, DigiCenterNS has documented user needs and requirements for the digital service solution related to Fomatec’s Greenline Platform. Greenline service concept is designed for promoting more ecological products for forestry companies. Based on the identified user needs, Fomatec Oy has been able to proceed well in the application development with their IT provider Funlus Oy and Luonnonvarakeskus that provides CO2 emission and sustainability calculations for the service concept. New Green Line mobile app ensures that companies operating forest machines always have sufficient level of equipment (chains, lubricants) in their use at right time and right place. Thus, companies can minimize material losses and optimize time and resource consumption of employees (for example, forest machine drivers). This pilot has ended. The work shall continue in DIH World Project funded by European Commission. DigiCenterNS helped Fomatec to become part of the project and receive 92500 eur project funding (EC contribution 64750 Eur)
- Industry AI platforms and IoT: DigiCenterNS participates in joint research pilot that focuses on studying collecting IoT data and analysis of data in cloud service platforms. As main result, the pilot shall provide documented experiences how to analyzed sensor data from industry and identified technology limitations. This pilot project is active.
- Härkönen H. (2019) Release Management Process and its challenges – literature review. LuK-thesis. UEF, School of Computing.
- Koponen J. (2020) Lääkevarastoautomaatin konenäön kehittäminen. Pro gradu -tutkielma. UEF, School of Computing.
- Gustafsson A. (2020) Towards systematic identity and access management case Ponsse Oyj. Master Thesis. UEF, School of Computing.
- Suhonen V. (2020) Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Process Automation. Master Thesis. UEF, School of Computing.
- Raitala J. (2020) Digitaalinen marketing plan – Case DigiCenterNS project. Thesis, Savonia University of Applied Sciences.
Reports and other studies
- Rantala E, Martikainen J, Lakka T, Vanhatalo S, Heiskanen J, Väistö J, Leväsluoto J, Hassinen M, Eloranta A-M, Sigfrids A, Harjumaa M. (2020) Suomalaisten lasten ja nuorten ruokaympäristö ja toimenpide-ehdotukset sen kehittämiseen terveyttä edistäväksi. Valtioneuvoston selvitys- ja tutkimustoiminnan julkaisusarja, 2020:19.
- Arpola, T., Holopainen, A., Jäntti, M. (2020) Co-creation at the heart of human-centric data economy – Experiences and visions from Kuopio Living Lab. Hirvikoski T., Erkkilä L., Fred M., Helariutta A., Kurkela I., Pöyry-Lassila P., Saastamoinen K., Salmi A., Äyväri A. (Eds.)., Co-creating and Orchestrating Multistakeholder Innovation. In: Laurean julkaisusarja / Laurea Publications, Laurea-ammattikorkeakoulu. [Online] Available at: http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:amk-2020082719893
- Jäntti M.: Digitalisation Results in Cleaner Forests, Oodia Media, 2021. [Online] Available at: Digitalisation Results in Cleaner Forests
- Heikkinen S., Jäntti M. (2019) Studying Continual Service Improvement and Monitoring the Quality of ITSM.Communications in Computer and Information Science, Quality of Information and Communications Technology, Springer
- Heikkinen S., Jäntti M., Saranto K. (2020) Applying Continual Service Improvement Practices to Study Quality of Healthcare Information System Services: A Case Study. Communications in Computer and Information Science, Quality of Information and Communications Technology, Springer [Conference presentation]
- Jäntti M. (2020) Studying Data Privacy Management in Small and Medium-Sized IT Companies. International Conference on Innovations in Information Technology (IIT 20), November 17-18, United Arab Emirates University.
Communication (local newspapers, e-magazines, media)
- DigiCenterNS Facebook site
- DigiCenterNS LinkedIn site
- “Solutions to digital transformation challenges (Ratkaisuja digihaasteisiin)“, Työ ja Ura, Digimag, elokuu 2019
- XRHubSavo video
- DigiCenterNS from Northern Savo supports companies in digital transformation challenges (DigiCenterNS Pohjois-Savosta tukee yrityksiä digitalisaation haasteissa). ELMO Newsletter.
- Virtul Reality – the last frontier of industries, Savon Sanomat article, 24.10.2020
- Alexa Echo Show Demo 27.2.2019 klo 10-10.30, Kuopio, Mikrokatu
- Alexa Echo Show Demo 13.11.2019 klo 10.15-11.00, Kuopio, Mikrokatu
- Alexa Echo Show Demo 18.2.2020 klo 9.00-9.30, Kuopio, Mikrokatu
- Alexa Echo Show Demo 28.10.2020 klo 10.00-10.30, Online
Events organized by DigiCenterNS / Events with a DigiCenterNS stand
- DigiCenterNS Kick off seminaari 26.4.2019, Technopolis, Kuopio
- Computer Science Symposium 10-11.6.2019, Mediteknia Kuopio (DigiCenterNS was one of the organizers and Jarmo Matilainen, DC facilitator, conducted a keynote presentation)
- DigiCenterNS & Kuopio Living Lab -meeting 13.8.2019, Technopolis, Kuopio
- DigiCenterNS Stakeholder Workshop 22.8.2019 (with visitor from DIHELP project), Kuopio
- XR Tools & Digital Opportunities -seminar 1.10.2019, Original Sokos Hotel Puijonsarvi, Kuopio (together with TUPLA project)
- Nokia 5G -seminar 27.11.2019, KPY Novapolis, Kuopio
- DigitalMorning-seminar 29.11.2019, (together with TUPLA project)
- Keys to Master Digitalization: From Zero to Hero 20.3.2020 (online seminar together with TUPLA project (ESF)
- Service Integration and Management (SIAM) -online training 15.5.2020
- DigitalHack 18.5.-28.5.2020
- Digital Service Operation seminar 2.10.2020 (online seminar together with DAIM project (ESF) and DIH World project (EU Horizon 2020)
- Neurochallenge idea competition / hackathon 30.10.-1.11.2020, DigiCenterNS was one of the collaboration partners in the event
Visits and networking in regional/national/international events
- DIH Academy kick-off conference 20-22.3.2019 Brussels, Belgium
- KasvuOpen, 23-24.10.2019 Jyväskylä, Paviljonki
- Future of 5G, Alma Talent, 6.11.2019 Helsinki Expo Center
- Digitising European Industry Stakeholder Forum, 13-15.11.2019 Madrid, Spain
- BusinessFinland EU Funding Available -seminar 2.12.2019 Scandic Park, Helsinki
- ChatBotSummit, 11.12.2019 Berlin, Germany
- SFS Webinaari riskienhallinnasta ja jatkuvuudesta, 24.4.2020
- Webinar: How can Digital Innovation Hubs help the transition towards smart cities?’, DIHNET.EU Community, 30.4.2020
- Knowledge work after crisis, Tahto Group 7.5.2020
- AWS Online Summit, Online 17.6.2020
- SOTE Y Akatemia development group: Different types and revenuel models of social and healthcare entrepreneurship now and future, 4.11.2020: Jäntti M. (2020) Future insights with digitalization & technology: themes that shape our world (in Finnish) [Online]. [Accessed 4 November 2020]. Available at: <DigiCenterNS website>.
Project coaching and funding advisory services
- Intelligent Mobility Solutions, coaching on ERDF funding application, Spring 2019 (5 meetings)
- Storymap, coaching on development of the service concept, Summer 2019 (1 meeting)
- Fomatec, I4MS (European Innovation for Manufacturing SMEs) joint EU project application, November 2019 (2 meetings)
- Oheisharjoittelukeskus, coaching on ERDF/corona funding, March-April 2020 (2 tapaamista)
- Efecte, coaching on ERDF funding, April 2020 (1 meeting)
- Vipuvaikutus Consulting, coaching on content management & reporting management, May 2020 (1 meeting)
Establishing project consortia
- DIH World (EU Horizon IA, 106KEUR): DIH-World aims to foster collaboration between DIHs across Europe to scale-up and diversify their services and resources and to encourage knowledge exchange.
- Digital and Intelligent Management of Service Operation, DAIM (European Social Fund, 392KEUR): The main objectives of Digital and Intelligent Management of Service Operation (DAIM) are to: 1) improve productivity and scalability of service operation in companies by identifying new digital and AI compliant solutions, 2) increase employees’ competences on digital and intelligent service operation techniques, processes and methods in Northern Savo, 3) identify and develop digital-enabled operation models for management and organizing work that support more flexible work and, 4) improve work wellbeing of employees, enterprises and entrepreneurs in North Savo area by enhancing and fastening the adaptation to digital transformation.
Digital competence building
- DigiCenterNS is building DigiSchool online course to increase competences of digital technologies in Northern Savo region. DigiSchool includes topics such as cloud service management and digital collaboration platforms (Office 365). DigiSchool can be used as self learning resources in higher education institutions and technology companies. One of our first sample assignments focuses on storing
data to S3 Buckets in Amazon Web Services -cloud (material is in Finnish only): Digikoulu_1001_Amazon_S3_Bucket